Step into the glorious world of the honey bee!
At Huka Honey Hive, we offer interactive and personalised honey tours, where visitors are introduced to all things honey and bees.
Both indoor and outdoor, our guided tours take you through our beautiful gardens, introduce you to our busy bees and provide the opportunity to try a huge range of premium New Zealand honeys, mead and honey-based skincare products.
Honey tours include:
- Guided tour of our beehives
- Exploration of our garden and insights into our native fauna
- Unique New Zealand honey and mead tastings
- Chance to sample our honey-based skincare products
- Educational videos, live bee displays, rides and more!
- Free ice cream, coffee, tea or hot ginger lemon honey drink
See the wonder of honey-making in action
The honey tour includes an exploration of our beehives, our abundant garden and our manuka grove, where you learn about the native fauna and bee-friendly flowers we have planted there.
Indoors, prepare to have your taste buds tingling, with the chance to try an array of exotic artisan honeys in our special tasting room.
We also have a wide range of other sustainable, honey-based products for you to sample, from mead and honey-based liqueurs to beautiful skincare products.
Join us on a golden adventure
Reserved by booking only, our honey tours run for approximately 45 minutes.
To provide an intimate honey bee experience, we generally cater for group sizes from 4-14 people. Specialised tours can be provided for larger groups.